I’ve been nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award! Thank you so much Ashlee Nicole! I actually started my blog during a WordPress tutorial in one of my college classes. I was taking a social media marketing course and the professor brought someone in to explain the basics of how to use WordPress. At the time, I had no intention of starting a blog but as time went on, I figured it would give me something to do post-grad to take breaks from job searching.
In the beginning, I didn’t know what I wanted to blog about and posted very irregularly about random things I attended or photographed. Since then, I’ve found blogging about makeup really fun! I absolutely love playing with makeup and it brings me joy knowing that my blog might be able to help someone. Since I wasn’t sure what I was getting myself into when I started my blogging journey, being nominated makes me feel accomplished and tells me that people are enjoying my blog! Please make sure to go show Ashlee some love!
The rules of the award are:
- Thank the person that nominated you.
- Answer the questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate other bloggers.
- Write them new questions.
- List the rules and let other bloggers know that you nominated them.
These are the questions Ashlee asked me and my answers:
1. What is your most used app on your phone?
The most used app on my phone is definitely Instagram. I’m a huge fan of photography and love to see how people share their creativity! It’s also my main source for information regarding new makeup launches.
2. How old were you when you started blogging?
I was a senior in college (around 22 years old) when I opened my WordPress account but didn’t start blogging seriously until I was 23.
3. What’s your favorite makeup brand?
Now, this is a hard question since I love makeup so much! Over the years I’ve found products from many different brands that work best for my skin type. But since I have to choose one brand, my favorite is probably Makeup Forever. They have a full range of products for all parts of the face and I’ve used and loved many of their products over the years. I also love that they are a one stop shop and you can create a whole look without having to leave their section of Sephora. 😋
4. What’s your favorite color? Why?
If you asked me this question a few years ago, I would have said hands down, pink! But now, as I get older, I still love lighter forms of pink but I think my new favorite color is probably light gray. It’s a neutral color that goes with everything, even though it can have different tones (warm or cool). I currently have a light gray, white, and gold theme in my bedroom!
5. If you could bring back any fashion trend from the past, what would it be?
I would bring back the mini shift dress trend of the 60’s. They were popular during the mod era of fashion and featured a high neck line. I love this trend because it’s so classy, flattering on all body types, and makes the legs look so long!
Questions for my nominees:
- What is your favorite book? Why?
- What is your spirit animal?
- What is the number one thing on your bucket list?
- What makeup trend do you think should stay in the past?
- If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
Congratulations to all of my nominees, I can’t wait to see your responses!
Until next time,