Like many other, I still can’t believe 2016 is already over and half of January has already passed! A lot happened over the past year and I can’t wait to hit the ground running in 2017. While I don’t personally believe in New Year’s resolutions, I do have some goals I want to achieve throughout the year and if time is already flying by, I better get to work!
However, that’s a topic for another day. Today I am going to go over the personal care products (i.e. skincare, makeup, haircare, etc.) I couldn’t live without during 2016. So, let’s jump into my 2016 Ride or Die list!
When I first became an Arbonne Independent Consultant, I went in not know about most of the products. As a teen, I suffered through my fair share of acne breakouts but nothing too severe. The only problem is that no over-the-counter acne products were working for me. So, I started seeing a dermatologist. This helped clear my acne for a while however, I was still not seeing the results I was looking for. It wasn’t until I graduated from college and found Arbonne that my skin finally looks and feels the way I was always hoping for. I was my face twice a day with the Arbonne Calm Gentle Daily Cleanser. I love the calm line because it’s simple and doesn’t contain any harsh chemicals and fragrances over-the-counter prodcts have.
When I finally got my breakouts under control, I was left with many acne scars.I found that the Murad Post Acne Lightening Gel worked amazingly to fade any dark spots that lingered after my breakouts have healed. It uses plant-derived extracts help keep skin clear and restore clarity and tone.
Throughout 2016, I switched up my makeup routine every so often but these products remained in my routine not matter what.
- Benefit The POREfessional Face Primer: This pretty much speaks for itself. It’s amazing at filling in my pores and keeping my oily skin at bay.
- Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Water Foundation: I love that it has buildable coverage and it’s not too heavy on the skin. I don’t like to wear heavy foundations for day-to-day wear so this one is perfect!
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Anit-Aging Micro-powder: I discovered this product when I briefly worked at Ulta. I’ve tried a few loose setting powders but this one is my all time favorite! It so finely milled and just glides over the skin. I use it to set and bake my foundation and concealer. I have never had any problems with flashback and it helps make my skin look even and poreless.
- Becca & Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop: This product also speaks for itself, it’s just so beautiful!
- Skindinavia Oil Control Makeup Finishing Spray: I love the fine mist, the non-invasive scent, and how wonderfully it works at making my makeup last all day.
- NYX Tame & Frame Brow Pomade: This is similar to the Anastasia Beverly Hills pomade but it’s much more cost efficient and works just as well.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel: I’ve tried my fair share of clear brow gels, both high-end and drugstore. This one is by far my favorite because it sets my brows without plastering them down to my face.
- Arbonne It’s a Long Story Mascara: It’s a black, water-resistant mascara that adds the perfect amount of lift, volume, and length to my lashes.
- IT Brushes for ULTA: In my eyes, makeup application is only as good as the tools you apply them with. I also discovered my new favorite brushes while I worked at Ulta, the It Brushes for Ulta. There are three lines and very brush is insanely soft, no matter the line, and effortlessly blends any product.
For a while now, I’ve felt like I’ve been in a never ending battle with my hair. It’s a part curly, part wavy, frizzy mess if I don’t style it. For years I’ve tried so many drugstore and high end. However, over the past year, I finally found products that make my hair look and feel healthy. Even my hairdresser agrees!
My favorite shampoo and conditioner I found through an accident. Sephora accidentally sent me someone else’s order! In that order were the Bumble & Bumble Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil Shampoo and Conditioner. It took me a few month’s to get through the other products I wanted to try, however when I first tried them, I couldn’t believe the magic it worked on my hair! The only con is the price… but, a great product that works is worth it in my eyes.
I also couldn’t live without the Unite 7 Seconds Leave-In Conditioner and the Davines Oi Oil. The leave-in conditioner is a wonderful detangler that works quickly to detangle my lion’s mane while the oil adds much-needed moisture to my curly/ wavy, color-treated hair.
I solely wore these two perfumes through the year and continue to wear them. I don’t know what I’ll do if they discontinue either of these! I love the Bobbi Brown Beach for spring and summer because it smells like I’ve been at the beach all day and brings back lovely memories. I love the Elizabeth & James Nirvana White for fall and winter because it gives me a warm and cozy vibe which is perfect for the cooler times of the year.
I hope you enjoyed reading about my 2016 faves!
Until next time,